Passes available from the Eurail GroupFor many years, the Eurail and Interrail Passes have been giving travellers the freedom and flexibility of rail travel at an affordable cost. They allow you to relax and explore the diverse, exciting countries of Europe without hassle, and at your own pace.
The Eurail Pass first went on sale in 1959, and is available to people living outside of Europe. The Interrail Pass has been on sale since 1972, and is available to all people living within Europe.
Eurail Passes can be split into three main groups:
- Eurail Global Passes: valid in 28 participating countries.
- Eurail Select Passes: valid in 2, 3 or 4 bordering countries.
- Eurail One Country Passes: valid in one of the 21 countries available for this Pass.
Interrail Passes can be split into two main groups:
- Interrail Global Passes: valid in 30 participating countries.
- Interrail One Country Passes: valid to travel in one out of 28 countries.
NEW: The Interrail Premium Pass for travel in either Italy or Spain was introduced in 2016. The Premium Pass offers free seat reservations and extra benefits like a Tripwolf e-guidebook! Exclusively via www.interrail.eu. Premium Pass is not valid in own country of residence.